Monday, May 12, 2008

Mildly Green

Hello,
my name's Graham, like the cracker.
I've been mildly green for quite a few years now. It seems strange to me when people refer to organics as a "movement" as though it is a new type of product.
I've been a member of a farm coop for a while, but it's nice to see the addition of some organic products in the local supermarket.
I grow my own squash, cucumbers, radish, and tomatoes in the summer.
The bigger changes I made this year was quitting my job and getting into selling organic products online.
I threw all my cleaning products in the trash along with antiperspirants, toothpaste, shaving cream etc.. i have one cleaning product (organic) that does the job of all the others.
My shaving cream is 70% organic and it's mostly just aloe, wow, a little goes a long way. It's the same with the deodorant, 100% organic, lasts a long time as well.
Anyway, until this past year, I really wasn't aware of the toxins present, not only in cleaning products, but in everything you use on a daily basis, things you put in your mouth, on skin, your hair.

It's amazing to me the chemicals present (carcinogenic) in almost everything. Over time, it has to take it's toll. I noticed on the back of a can of antiperspirant, it stated: breathing of contents may be harmful or fatal. It states the same on the back of room air freshener! How insane is that?

People put way too much faith in the FDA, and all the other federal agencies as well, I mean they're the ones that approve all these products/poisons for our consumption right?

I've never felt better and been happier about a decision than the one I made last year. This group needs to get much bigger.
Have fun and be well.
Graham
http://www.gillfinn.mionegroup.com

No comments: